Creating vision boards is a great way to keep kids motivated to hitting their goals throughout the year. Hanging their vision boards is a great visualization with fun pictures, words, goals, or literally anything that inspires them! This is a great way to create a new habit or behavior or even reinforce something they already do well . Vision boards inspire confidence, openness to dream big, and the express importance of working towards a goal. This can also be a great bonding experience for you and your kids.
How to create a vision board:
Use a poster, or simple piece of paper and cover it with photos, drawings, words, or anything your kid wants. This can also be done digitally if you like! We are going to focus more on physical vision boards for this activity. Give them complete free reign on what to add. Ask them some questions to help them inspire them.
Examples of what to ask:
- How do you feel about the new year?
- Is there anything you want to accomplish this year (can be big or small!)
- What makes you feel excited?
- Is there anything you would like to be better at?
- What is a way you can help others?
- Anything you want to do or see?
- What gets you excited? (can be colors, music, places)
- Dreams? What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Board or paper
- Glue scissors
- Printed images (see our free printable!)
- Old magazines
- Stickers, glitter, buttons, feathers
- Colorful papers – if going to the crafting store head for the scrapbooking sections for fun paper and other ideas.
- Color pencils/crayons for making your own illustrations or color-in pictures
Put on nice calming music and spread all your supplies on a table and let your child’s creativity take the reins. It is beautiful to see what they will create!
We made a fun printable with a Vision Board for 2023 and some fun elements you can cut up to add to your board. Make sure to tag us on social and show us your finished creations! Here’s to big things in 2023!